Saturday, 30 August 2008

PhotoHunt - Beautiful



This photograph comes with an interesting story. I posted this rose from Alnwick Gardens on my Flickr page which led to someone asking me what the rose was called. This was my response to that question:
I am waiting to see if I get a reply on what type of rose it is... In the meanwhile I thought I would check out flickr to see if someone else had posted one and put the name against it...

I had a spooky moment, travelgraham-p has posted a picture taken on the same day of the very same rose taken at almost the same angle as me!!!! The photos were taken an hour apart, how weird is that?
I had emailed Alnwick Gardens to see if they could help me with the name. The Asst. Head Gardener came back to me very quickly with the following response:
The rose is 'Just Joey' and is a hybrid t which can be pruned in late winter to about 10 inches. It has a lovely perfume and repeat flowers well!

A Rose by any Other Name

For more PhotoHunt pictures check out tnchick.

21 comments:

Dragonstar said...

That is a perfectly beautiful rose! All roses, to my mind, should have a scent.

How weird to find that someone else was photographing the rose at almost the same time!

Anonymous said...

It is a beauty isn't it I'm with Meri about scent too.

Anonymous said...

Oh wow! I love this photo and the color is beautiful.
My beauty is here.

Patsy said...

Love the color of this rose. My daddy has grown roses for years. We had some about that color one year just because the red ones and yellow ones did a funky thing. It only happened one year that I remember. Beautiful!

Rebecca Mecomber said...

I love roses. Beautiful photo!

I did Photo Hunt today, too. :) http://newyorktraveler.net/photo-hunters-beautiful/

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous photo! Great choice for this week...

Columbo said...

Rose is my favorite flower and this shot is awesome, lovely color.

Liz Hinds said...

Doesn't it have crinkly edges? perfume is the most important aspect of a rose i think.

jmb said...

How weird is that. It is a very beautiful rose, mine for today is called Hot Cocoa! Happy weekend Cherie

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

It's lovely. I would love to smell it.

Nunyaa said...

Lovely Cherie, I love all flowers...what a beautiful color also :)

-eve- said...

That's coincidental! And a good name for that unique rose :-)

jailhouselawyer said...

Perhaps it should be called Cherrypie?

jams o donnell said...

THat is such a beautiful flower Cherie. Great take on this week's theme

JO said...

lovely rose and i loved the color!

here's mine. Thanks.

CherryPie said...

Dragonstar & Aileni - Thank you :-)

CWM - glad you enjoyed it.

Patsy - I am glad I have brought back some happy memories for you.

Mrs Mecomber, June & Columbo - Thank You.

Liz - I love those crinkly edges :-)

Jmb - I see Sean has posted about both our roses :-)

Welshcakes - I wish you could!

Nunyaa - I love flowers too :-)

Eve - Thank You :-)

JHL - Maybe I should get David Austin to name a rose after me ;-) I wonder what it should look like?

Jams & Jo - thank you :-)

Ellee Seymour said...

I'm so very jealous, I would just love to visit Alnwick Castle. One day...

CherryPie said...

Ellee - You would love it :-) Maybe for your holiday next year?

sally in norfolk said...

what a beautiful rose .I can smell it from here :-)

luisa brehm said...

soooooo gorgeous, Cherry !!!
and i like the name Just Joey,
it seems just joy, isn't it ???
it's the feeling i have looking at ....
happy week, Friend, don't eat too much barbecues ;-))))))))))))))

lots of kissessssssssssssss and love

CherryPie said...

Sally - Glad you like it :-)

Luisa - It is rather joyful :-) Only one barbecue ;-) xoxoxoxoxox

Post a Comment