Thursday, 11 December 2008

Christmas Fun

I know we are all busy, tired and stressed so I thought we could all do with a nice Christmas meme! I was too lazy to think of the questions myself so I did a little Google search:

Christmas Spirit

1.What is your favorite Christmas carol/song?
Silent Night - I just love everything about it. It also gives me fond memories of singing this particular carol on the Ironbrige on Christmas Eve. Most memorable occasions were the cold and frosty nights.

2.White lights or multicolored?
Lights = mulitcoloured. Tree Decs = Red and Gold or White and Silver.

3. Do you have a cut tree, live tree or an artificial tree?
Artificial, but realistic!

4. Eggnog, mulled cider, or hot chocolate?
Not sure about those choices... Maybe mulled wine if I was cold or just wine if I wasn't ;-)

5. Do you decorate your house with lights?
No I just decorate my two trees with lights.

6. Do you write a Christmas letter?
No because my friends by default would already know the info, I would have kept them updated throughout the year. But I might put a little special something in with cards to my friends.

7. Do you like receiving Christmas letters/photos?
Yes they make me feel warm inside!

8. What is your favorite Christmas story/movie?
I always love the 'The Snowman' it is very magical!

9. Have you ever made a gingerbread house?
No but my Mum made one for nephews a few years back. It was cute :-)

10. Poinsettias or holly?
Poinsettias - I love red!!!

11. Do you display a nativity scene?
Yes I decorated a ceramic one. My blog is also at this moment displaying another of my painted nativity scene creations ;-)

12. Do you bake Christmas cookies?
No, but Rum Truffles are always a must!

13. Ham or turkey?
Turkey.

14. In what languages can you wish someone a Merry Christmas (without cheating)?
Can I come back to you on the one?

15. Do you know all the words to Jingle Bells?
yes :-)

16. Do you put presents under the tree?
Yes, isn't that what presents are for?

17. How do you eat a candy cane?
I don’t.

18. What is your biggest holidays pet peeve?
The commercialism...

19. What is your favorite Christmas tradition?
All of the Christian traditions :-)

20. What was the best present you ever got for Christmas?
Spending time with family and friends :-)

I am waiting for some of you to take up the challenge ;-)

11 comments:

jams o donnell said...

I'm a sucker for a challenge Cherie. Will do over the weekend!

James Higham said...

Like that last one especially, Cherie.

CherryPie said...

Jams - I look forward to seeing your answers :-)

James - At the appropriate time I shall raise my glass to you. It is a family tradition, we always raise our glass to absent friends :-)

Liz Hinds said...

I've just remembered: I bought a holly wreath yesterday and it's still in the boot!! Good job I read your meme!

CherryPie said...

Liz - Ooops!!! That is just the sort of thing I would do :-/

Devika Jyothi said...

Hi Cherie!

Interesting to read..and know..
Silent Night is one of most favourite songs :)

wishes,
devika

CherryPie said...

Devika - Nice to see you again :-) I have just been listening to that song whilst putting up my Christmas tree.

jmb said...

OK, Cherie, during the week sometime. I need something to get me into the mood.

CherryPie said...

JMB - I look forward to your answers!

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

I'm going to do this one as well! I don't do candy canes either.

CherryPie said...

Welshcakes - I look forward to your answers too :-)

Post a Comment