I thought my blog page would be much more interesting if I added a nice image to the top of the page to go under the title. Easy I thought, blogger has a special widget to do this :-) I found a nice image and worked out what size it should be and uploaded it!!!
Hmm! Not showing properly in Firefox, it left a gap in between the border and the photograph! With a little bit of advice from the blogger forum I eventually realised that it did show correctly in internet explorer. Now life is far to short to figure out how to get the blogger CSS code work for both browsers (and blogger have written the code for IE)... So I cheated and altered the image by adding borders to it ;-)
That's Microsoft for you, can't even get it's web browser to conform to the proper CSS standards.
If anyone wants to see how I did it the forum thread is here.
Hmm! Not showing properly in Firefox, it left a gap in between the border and the photograph! With a little bit of advice from the blogger forum I eventually realised that it did show correctly in internet explorer. Now life is far to short to figure out how to get the blogger CSS code work for both browsers (and blogger have written the code for IE)... So I cheated and altered the image by adding borders to it ;-)
That's Microsoft for you, can't even get it's web browser to conform to the proper CSS standards.
If anyone wants to see how I did it the forum thread is here.

3 comments:
Wonderful eh? At a time when some browsers (Opera) are starting support for CSS3, and other support CSS2, IE doesn't even support CSS1 properly.
wowwwwwwwww, Cherry, i love the new look !!!!
long live the blog ;-))))))))
happyyyyyyyyy weekend !!!
lots of kissessssssssssss
me
Thank You Luisa :-)
I think it must be worth the hassle ;-) xxx
Much love to you xoxoxoxox
Post a Comment