Some photographs from the Cold War Exhibition that I visited Yesterday. I don't really need to add any commentary because the photos speak for themselves. You will probably need to click on the photos to be able to read them.
Random thoughts and pictures on my journey through life...
12 comments:
I doubt I would ever get the chance in my life time to visit and see this exhibition, I do appreciate you sharing these photos Cherie :)
I worked at the Checkpoint Charlie Museum in Berlin for a bit...
It wasn't so long ago really, but seems another generation.
Nunyaa - I am so glad I can give you a little bit of magic which gives you a feel for the museums xx
Mutley - Oh! Wow! tell me about it...
Ellee - It does seem such a long time ago. I think perhaps that is because society has changed so much in the last few years.
Berlin is a fabulous place now. The Checkpoint Charlie Museum is definitely one to visit. Very interesting. I remember when the wall came down; I couldn't understand what the significance was at the time, being a kid....
I remember the wall coming down, what an historic moment in time.
Happy Easter honeybunch
Great photos, Cherie.
What a mad, mad, world we live in. It's horrendous to think this,much like the Holocaust but to name a few, are our modern history. It's what you'd expect to have been allowed to happen hundreds and hundreds of years ago,not yesteryear.
right, Fairy, super photos !!!
and it was not a long ago ....
just passing to wish a magic easter ;-)))))))))))))))))) and send lots of looooooooooooooooooove too
Now I'm definitely going to take time to visit teh exhibition. I did get to see the wall in place. I was amused by one piece of graffiti: Warning - Ractices area for East German pole vaault team"
even i remember it coming down... and thats amazing :-)
Damon - I have never been, but it sounds like I should it to my list of must visits.
D - It was a historic moment. Happy Easter to you too xx
Uber - I agree we do live in a mad world and I feel we are slipping backwards and haven't learned from history...
Luisa- Yes very recent history. Sending you a bit of magic for Easter too xoxoxoxox
Jams - I know you will love it if you do. I never did get to see the wall when it was in place.
Sally - Yes it was a very memorable event :-)
I would love to see this exhibition. What a terrible thing that Wall was.
Post a Comment