Sunday, 26 April 2009

Cherie's Place - Thought for the Week

The friendship that can cease has never been real.

Saint Jerome


Reflection on Life

19 comments:

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Nice quote, though I'm not sure it's true. Sometimes a friendship just gets past its sell-by date because the people involved have had different sorts of lives and can no longer really understand each other. It's sad when this happens but it does happen.

That's a lovely shot of you in pensive mood.

jmb said...

Perhaps one or other move away and distance or communication problems cause it to fall by the wayside. Still I guess not many moved very far from home in St Jerome's day.

Rakesh Vanamali said...

I couldn't agree more!

Trubes said...

I too agree with that Cherie. My greatest friend, who I looked after when her marriage ended, repaid me by having an affair with my ex husband. Some friend!

Lovely picture of you Cherie, what fabulous eyelashes you have.

Dix

James Higham said...

Your allusions are interesting and pique the interest, Cherie.

CherryPie said...

Welshcakes - I think yes friends do move on, I am not sure if it means the friendship has stopped though...

Thank You :-)

JMB - I think it is always a bit sad when people drift apart in that way.

Rakesh - Nice to see you. Thanks for visiting and welcome to my blog :-)

Trubes - That is a truly awful thing to have happened to you, as you say some friend!!!

Thank you :-)

James - This one has a very special thought behind it and it isn't about me (I hope) ;-)

Devika Jyothi said...

Oh Cherry, I literally forgot about this part of the world that I used to be earlier!

and what a post to come back on to...I feel so guilty!

i came from Rakesh Vanamali's follow up comment...Not too much into blogging myself..except at a new blog :)

and, you look so charming Cherie :)

wishes,
devika

CherryPie said...

Devika - I noticed you over at Rakesh's site :-)

I am glad you enjoyed my post :-)

What blog project are you into now?

Take care

CP

UBERMOUTH said...

Great quote.
I always believe that the measure of a friendship is in how you recover from an arguement.

Devika Jyothi said...

Hi Cherie,

Thank you for your interest, Cherie
A new poetry blog- 'Abstract Deductions'..then I do occassionaly postings at Certain Kind of Woman too :)

But I had to close comments at my blogs, Cherie :)

devika

CherryPie said...

Uber - That is something I believe in too. It is part of the reason I like the quote so much :-)

Devika - Your new blog sounds interesting, I shall have to check it out. I am sorry you had to close your comments...

Wolfie said...

In London its almost impossible to have a "real" friendship. My only true friend is my wife.

CherryPie said...

Wolfie - I don't think I would fancy living/working in London. I know what you mean about real friends, the people I work with refer to each other as 'friends'. What they don't add is as long as you agree with every thing I say and do what I want ;-)

That is a lovely way to feel about your wife :-)

Shelly Rayedeane said...

Brilliant Quote!!!

CherryPie said...

Shelly - Hello, thank you for visiting :-) I am glad you enjoyed the quote.

luisa brehm said...

wonderful self !!!
yes, friends come and go as well, i guess it's just life ....

CherryPie said...

Luisa - Thank You :-) Yes I suppose it happens like that sometimes.

Punch said...

To lose a friend and then regain them after many years makes it lasting if the friendship does cease the Jerome was corret. Trubes nailed it in my view. That happens to men also. There are somethings one just should not do to themselves. Over time the truth outs and everyone loses two friends.

CherryPie said...

Punch - Yes the truth does always out in the end!

Post a Comment