Thursday, 29 May 2008

Internet Connection

Again it seems I am having trouble with my internet connection!!! It is so slow and some pages won't load at all... and to top it all blogger is being a little quirky too!

But according to the latest edition of New Scientist things could get worse:
"IF YOU thought it was hard finding the email address that some other john.smith hasn't already bagged, that's nothing compared with the difficulty you'll have getting and internet connection for your computer after 2011.

As of this month 85 per cent of the 4.3 billion available Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, which identify devices connected to the net, are already in use. Within three years they will all be used up, according to a report by the OECD. 'The situation is critical for the future of the internet ecomony,' it says.

The report urges governments and businesses to upgrade from the current version, IPv4 to IPv6, which effectively has an unlimited number of IP addresses. IPv6 has been available for more than a decade but service providers have been slow to adopt."
Something else to think about...

10 comments:

Crushed said...

You noticed that too?

Blogger has been fairly moody of late.

I had to post the other day and go for a pint before it would let me add pictures.

I HATE posting without pictures, too.

sally in norfolk said...

glad i dont use blogger i seem to have less problems.....

was with out internet while you was away , my router just packed up i thought world war three was about to happen in my house very sad how all three of us would die with no internet :-) peace is resumed now :-)

CherryPie said...

Crushed - Yes I hate it being quirky! The latest version of wordpress rocks and I am so tempted, but blogger still has some features that stop me...

Sally - I know what you mean about the internet, it happens here too ;-) we are all sad! Well maybe not I think we just like to keep in touch with our friends :-)

jmb said...

Well they better get around to fixing that very soon!
I have very few problems with blogger on the whole fortunately but yesterday was a bit weird when I was trying to go between my site and James's. Still on the whole I like blogger. I have my blog as Wordpress too, well a lot of it but don't want to change over. I find it more difficult but maybe just because I have spent the time learning it well and haven't put as much effort into Wordpress.

Nunyaa said...

I tried to leave a comment here yesterday and still don't know if this one will go through. Very irritating.

jams o donnell said...

It certainly has it's irritating quirks does blogger. I think I will stick with it a while though. When it is working properly it is simplicity itself.

jailhouselawyer said...

First it was Blogger and then Technorati!

CherryPie said...

jmb - I mostly like blogger, just occasionally it irritates me. Mostly when it changes my html code!

Nunyaa - It is being rather odd with comments at the moment.

jams - Yes it is very easy to use and it is easy to mess with the layout which is good :-)

jailhouselawyer - Oh! is that playing up too? Seems all technology is fighting back at the moment!

-eve- said...

My connection here is bad too, so you're not alone! ;-)

CherryPie said...

Eve - Must be a general melt down of the internet then ;-)

Post a Comment