While I was staying in Lille I had a day trip to Belgium. First stop was Brussels and the obligatory visit to Heysel Park to see the Atomium. Whilst there a young man asked me to take photographs of him in front of the monument, he seemed very pleased with the results.
This was followed by a very brief visit to Cinquantenaire with it's triumphal arch. Amongst other things the arch contains a military museum and a fine arts museum. I am told the military museum was brilliant but I decided to head for the roof top for an elevated view of Brussels.
When everyone was rounded up and back on the coach we made for the centre of town, but I shall tell you about that another day...
This was followed by a very brief visit to Cinquantenaire with it's triumphal arch. Amongst other things the arch contains a military museum and a fine arts museum. I am told the military museum was brilliant but I decided to head for the roof top for an elevated view of Brussels.
When everyone was rounded up and back on the coach we made for the centre of town, but I shall tell you about that another day...

8 comments:
Looks like you're having fun.
You didn't climb the atoms?
Rob - It was great fun :-)
James - Not time for the atoms... I did climb 226 steps a bit later in the day though ;-)
Sorry, CP, I'd like to leave a sensible comment for once but your pics take so long to load on my dial-up connection that night has turned into day and still they're not loaded.
Great shots. So havign fun in Belgium!
Beautiful photos, and an obviously enjoyable trip.
Calum, everything's painfully slow today - and I have broadband!
I had a great trip to Brussels a couple of years ago and hoping to return to visit the European Parliament soon.
Calum - Oooh! Sorry, I think there are too many on the page at the moment. I will post a link to a gallery with low res photos eventually.
Jams - Yes it was a fun weekend.
Dragonstar - Thank You :-) I was out all day and didn't get back till 11 so I missed everything being slow.
Ellee - I hope you get your wish soon :-)
Post a Comment