Saturday, 7 March 2009

PhotoHunt - Space


The first photographs show the board game Twilight Imperium which is a game set in space. The Board Game Geek describes the game as follows:
Twilight Imperium Third Edition is an epic empire-building game of interstellar conflict, trade, and struggle for power. Players take the roles of ancient galactic civilizations, each seeking to seize the imperial throne via warfare, diplomacy, and technological progression. With new oversize geomorphic board tiles, finely detailed plastic miniatures, hundreds of cards, and a massive plurality of options, the TI gameplay has been refined and redone by original designer Christian T. Petersen.
The first two show the game in play and the last one shows the scores at the end of the game. I am the little blue flag. It seems the guys let me win again, they were too busy fighting each other in the corner. I won using diplomacy as my strategy!

Getting the Hang of It

Massing the Troops

And the Winner is?

One final photograph still on the board game theme. This is a picture of my board game collection as it was just over a year ago. I have accumulated one or two more games since then and there is still space for one or two more :-)

My Board Game Collection

For more of this weeks PhotoHunt pictures check out tnchick.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

You do seem to have a need for more shelf Space.
We have just carried loads of books upstairs in pursuit of a similar need.

Colin Campbell said...

My kids are at an age where they would enjoy games like that. Me I am not a board game fan. I get bored.

Garth said...

The Iscariot family is still coming to grips with the rules of 'Articulate' - what chance have we got?

annalarssonphotography said...

Nice take on the theme Cherie!:)
It was a long time since I played a board game.

Mine is up too!
Happy weekend!

luisa brehm said...

play a loooooooooot, Fairy,
a magic weekend and have a super Women's day tomorrow ;-))))))))))))))
lots of kissessssssssssssssss

Dragonstar said...

Board games leave me cold, but that one does look rather fun. I prefer to do my playing online - I click your city now and then!

Dragonstar said...

PS - Meant to say that it takes up less space online!!!

jams o donnell said...

It's ages since I played a board game. As for space Cherie..make another cupbioard available anc you can buy lots more!

Liz Hinds said...

That looks a bit complicated for me, cherrypie! I'm more at the level of - I can't remember the name of the game - it has four different bits and you can choose whether to do an arty thing, act out something, do a word puzzle. Oh, what's it called? I could go upstairs and find out ... perhaps later!

UBERMOUTH said...

Wow! You could open up a shop. Colin and I have much in common , as I too get bored with boad games. LOL

Midlife, menopause, mistakes and random stuff... said...

WOW!!! What a fantastic blog you have going here!! We still have daughter's in London and Barry, Wales. We miss them so much.
We love board games and just who doens't love a lil cherry pie I ask you?
If you have a moment or two of your life that you'd care to waste, please drop by my blog and say hello!!

Steady On
Reggie Girl

CherryPie said...

Aileni - There is still space to squeeze a few more on yet.

Colin - That one would keep them quiet for hours.

Pisces - Articulate is a good laugh. This one is rather complicated and takes a bit too long for me.

Vita - Glad you enjoyed it :-)

Luisa - Thank you :-) I hope you do too xoxoxoxox

Dragonstar - I am very particular in which games I like to play!

Jams - I like the sound of that :-)

Liz - It is rather a complicated one. This one isn't mine, it belongs to a friend so I didn't have to explain the rules to everyone.

Uber - I probably could but I think I would only sell the ones I didn't like ;-)

Midlife - Thank for dropping by, I am glad you enjoyed your visit :-)

Post a Comment