Thursday, 19 June 2008

Active Denial System (ADS)

Or as mentioned in my previous post the Pain Ray.

Nunyaa asked if this equipment was in use yet, so I did a bit of research.


The Active Denial System was developed by Raytheon for the US Airforce research labs and since January 2007 the system has been extensively tested by Air Force's 820th Security Forces Group (SFG) at Moody air force base in Georgia, USA. 820.

Wikipedia gives a summary followed by a more in depth description of what the system is capable of:
"The Active Denial System (ADS) is a non-lethal, directed-energy weapon developed by the U.S. military. It is a strong millimeter-wave transmitter used for crowd control (the "goodbye effect"). Informally, the weapon is also called pain ray. Raytheon is currently marketing a reduced range version of this technology"

In a Daily Mail report Michael Hanlon test out the device:
"Its makers claim this infernal machine is the modern face of warfare. It has a nice, friendly sounding name, Silent Guardian.

I am told not to call it a ray-gun, though that is precisely what it is (the term "pain gun" is maybe better, but I suppose they would like that even less).

And, to be fair, the machine is not designed to vaporise, shred, atomise, dismember or otherwise cause permanent harm.

But it is a horrible device nonetheless, and you are forced to wonder what the world has come to when human ingenuity is pressed into service to make a thing like this.

Silent Guardian is making waves in defence circles. Built by the U.S. firm Raytheon, it is part of its "Directed Energy Solutions" programme.

What it amounts to is a way of making people run away, very fast, without killing or even permanently harming them.

That is what the company says, anyway. The reality may turn out to be more horrific."
The full article makes interesting reading.

Apparently an MoD spokesman said Britain is not planning to buy this weapon...

28 comments:

Ginro said...

Just been reading the article you linked to. I can understand the desire for weapons of this nature, as little bloodshed as possible with no risk to your own side. It would certainly give you a strong edge in a combat situation. As far as people using it for torture goes, man's inhumanity to man is legendary and I have no doubt it would be put to nefarious ends if it fell into the wrong hands, as it inevitably would do. After all, look at all the supposed safeguards against nuclear weaponry and yet we still have despots managing to get hold of it.
But there are some people who will always try to find a way to torture others, the world is full of psychopaths, and use the most abominable methods they can. It doesn't matter whether the tools used are advanced technology or not, as all they will be concerned with is inflicting suffering. If it wasn't this 'ray gun' it would be something else.

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

It looks and sounds horrific.

CherryPie said...

Ginro - All so very true. Thinking of it like that is quite depressing really isn't it?

Welshcakes - The thought of it getting into the wrong hands doesn't bear thinking about.

Nunyaa said...

It does sound awful but have to say, think I'd rather this than live bullets. The water cannon I have seen on tv, don't look too harmless but being hosed with water that has such a high velocity would hurt like hell.

CherryPie said...

Nunyaa - What you say makes sense. In sensible hands you can see all the benefits, its just if it gets into foolish hands...

Anonymous said...

Cherryoie,

It's in the wrong hands now. They developed it!

As I remarked on another blog,
Life itself is created by numerous carrier waves, and various peturbations on those carrier waves, intersecting at crucial points in space/time, at certain harmonics.

Folks don't understand the structure of matter/life, and the importance of these frequencies.

They are natural frequencies, understood thousands of years ago. Displayed in archeology.

This knowledge can be used for mankinds glorious future, or for mankinds projection of his base war-like instincts.

Currently the latter is favoured.

This tech alters frequencies.

When an economic/political elite seek to protect themselves from the indigenous population, via laws and armaments, as we are increasingly witnessing, that civilisation has failed.

Anonymous said...

There seems to be a terrible synchronicity aound important events currently.

This synchronicity is not an accident, it is a measure of increasing understanding by many varying parties, of the coming endgame, the death of western finance, the seizure of power, economic and financial, by many parties, the fragmentation of western hegemony into many local power bases.

And many coming trials, matching Nuremburg in ferocity.

The last time this "financial" happened, it was controlled under the "Plaza Accords".

The Plaza Accord or Plaza Agreement was an agreement between the governments of France, West Germany, Japan, the United States, and the United Kingdom, to depreciate the U.S. dollar in relation to the Japanese yen and German Deutsche Mark by intervening in currency markets. The five governments signed the accord on September 22, 1985 at the Plaza Hotel in New York City.

The accord essentially let the US default on Japan and Germany on its dollar debts through dollar depreciation.

China understands the implications of a fresh round of western devaluations - devaluing all the $2T reserves it holds in western currencies. It thus has pegged its currency to the $, yet the US says China manipulates it's currency. What Irony!


http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704483004575523271059964924.html


http://jessescrossroadscafe.blogspot.com/2010/09/for-corporations-whole-of-law-is-do.html

This will not, cannot, end peacefully.

Nations that contribute 65% of global GDP are now actively intervening in FOREX currency markets to debase their currencies, to renege on their debts, their pension obligations, international debts, etc. I said on another blog 2 + years ago, that it would turn into a race to the bottom for fiat currencies.

It has.

The US shows no movement towards restictions on it's military expenditure, infact it's activities are expanding in the "Stans" where it is determined to break nations, as it broke Yugoslavia, by playing to nationalistic tendencies, via the CIA, the result possible in the near future being another NArco State, Kyrgyzstan, possibly similar to Afghanistan currently.

The intention, again, is to destabilize Russia, and create problems for China.

Meanwhile, close to 60M US citizens are on food stamps.

Without a doubt, the world is crazy.

International retribution will visit in a few years, once power is redistributed.

The G20 meet next in November.

Probably The US, and probably EU and UK, will devalue this Xmas.

Probably Germany will leave EU in the spring 2011, using old currency once again.

Probably in the summer, Germany joins with Russia, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Holland, Denmark, innew northern currency, maybe with gold backing. US $ will probaly NOT be accepted for international settlements, (although this may occur after a further year)

At same time China refuses US $ for international settlements.

And many other moves, needing minute by minute coordination.

IMF and BIS altered structure to reflect change international economic power. Or they cease to exist in current form...replaced!

The west is at a tipping point.
Too many marxists hold power!

Anonymous said...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_J8L-e47yFE0/TKJGiT8jfBI/AAAAAAAAAnY/p_rjB3FZOzs/s1600/President-Debts-orig-100928.gif

CherryPie said...

Yes I remember your comments on the carrier waves and understood them very well at the time.

My comment yesterday was alluding to the connection between certain corporate bodies, defence companies, persons in government etc etc

I don't know if you are familiar with what the defence training review sought to do or which companies were involved? If you are I am sure you can guess why I am so passionately against it.

A campaign site blogs extensively about the review, for example this post which is connected to the above comments.

Not all the information on the site is entirely accurate, but you will get the idea...

It is difficult for me to comment properly in certain forums because my comments are misunderstood and get represented inaccurately and unwisely (I think you know what I mean)...

There is so much more I could say but that is enough for now :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi, Cherry.

No I am not familiar with the defence review. There is just so much info out there and I tend to concentrate on the financial aspects of the world.(and there is more there than time permits).

I am aware of HAARP. I was looking at it in 2000, so I'm confused by the dates in the article that you link to. Maybe it was Mark 1 :-)

I read Global Research regularly, but as I said, concentrate on the financial side. My knowledge of "other" things is a life time of wondering.

Thanks for your comment, it seems this area here may provide a degree of privacy.

I will re-visit.

I would welcome any comment you wish to make on the defence review, and various angles thereto.

CherryPie said...

I know you are aware of the technologies and far more aware of the way that fits into the finance than I am.

The link I gave you was just a point for exploration...

From my point of view I see how certain (global) corporate enterprises fit into this.

The winning bidder of the defence training review (you need to look at the companies in the winning bid) is a little bit alarming...

But the aim of the academy is to train troupes from around the world...

and so...

I could get wider into my thoughts on the lies we have been fed!!

CherryPie said...

But I am not sure if people are up to it...

Anonymous said...

Cherry,
Finance is always the key

The time of western hegemony though finance is ending as we speak.
These are historic times we are living through, vis the collapse of western finance.
Why?
Because it is all a fraud
China specifically, and Russia as a knee jerk, have studied this deeply.
Western professionals have spent many months/years in China, educating them. No, I don't mean the banks, HSBC, Barc, JPM, etc. They are part of the fraud, they are also part of the defence, - they will fail shortly, - oh yes they will be bailed again, - but there will be a taxpayer revolt, - the army in Ireland is making noises, only noises so far, well hidden by media, but there!

With the failure of finance comes the failure of the contracts you speak about, eventually.

The movers and shakers on the development of these contracts are the US UK and EU. All will fail financiay.

Training troops from around the world, yes I saw that, and my above link to Jesse's "Cafe Americain" blog,

http://jessescrossroadscafe.blogspot.com/2010/09/for-corporations-whole-of-law-is-do.html

and US court judgement speaks to that monstrosity...immunity for corporate actions, as military is privatised!

But I am not sure if people are up to it...

and
When an economic/political elite seek to protect themselves from the indigenous population, via laws and armaments, as we are increasingly witnessing, that civilisation has failed.

"They" know their endgame is playing out. "They" know the populations will be their major adversaries.
That is the reason for these weapons/training/EU police forces/cross border arrest warrants, yada, yada....

The problem is that, from our point of view, whatever replaces the current structures will not be pretty.

You know I am up to it. Please fire away :-)

Fore warned is fore.....

Anonymous said...

"It's like a Greek tragedy, where you know what the outcome is bound to be. We're living in a Greek tragedy." Mary Chesnut, South Carolina diarist, 1864

CherryPie said...

Here are some initial thoughts then:

This link from the MoD gives gives the background on the training review. It also gives the time line following on from the preferred bidder being announced.

You can see the companies involved in the preferred bid and judge for yourself what you think of them and if they are suitable.

The opposing bid was the in house bid based on housing the training facility at Cosford.

When the idea to privatise the training was first raised certain questions sprung to mind, such as -
Why would you privatise defence?
Why would you put the defence of the nation in the hands of companies that could be bought out by who know who?
Why Wales?

My thoughts have changed and evolved over time as more information comes to my notice.

Anyone who campaigns against the privatisation of public services notices that there is a handful of multinational/corporate bodies that are always sniffing around or bidding for the work.

The article regarding who the establishment would train along with an FOI request can be found here.

If you do a search for 'defence' on this blog it will bring up some articles on the issue, the earlier stuff was published elsewhere and is no longer on line (it is a long story...).

I shall leave it at that for now :-)

CherryPie said...

The link for the article with the FOI seems to have vanished! Lets try again.

http://whatiswales.blogspot.com/2008/06/war-is-peace.html

Anonymous said...

Many thanks, Cherry.

Will look.

Anonymous said...

Cherry,

I have looked, and choked in disgust.

I will return to this theme later.

I am extremely busy right now, things financial are boiling, and taking my time.

Things I have been saying for a long time are coming to the fore. Things said by Sonus 2 years ago are now coming to the fore.

The asset backing to some 100s of $trillions of OTC derivatives quietly blew up over the weekend, and confirmed today. They are in default.

It may take several weeks before this is acknowledged, (if it ever is!). This is several multiples of Global GDP p.a.!

Many major banks do not yet understand this!

Additionally central banks are losing grip on the gold market. I know it is difficult to understand the importance of this, given the control central banks have had on the economic/finance education content and level for decades, but it is the foundation of "Money" now being rediscovered.

This link may help

http://www.gata.org/files/QBAMCO_Who_is_John_Galt.pdf

Everything pales against the degree of social/financial problems possible in the upcoming re-adjustments to global national economic strength of each nation. We are not ideally positioned, the ConDem lot are moving far too slowly. High inflation is baked in unless course is changed totally, quickly.

Oh well.

Got Gold?

CherryPie said...

I have looked, and choked in disgust.

I guess you understand now why I get so passionate/angry about some issues. Other people completely misunderstand why I get involved with certain campaigns etc.

There are other examples, but this one just needed to be published. It was actually the catalyst to start me posting on a personal blog rather than just posting pics on Flickr.

One thing you might like to look at is the selling of the final shares in late 2008. It is my post and how I saw it at that time, but now I am not so sure...

I can tell things are closing in just from observing certain letters and actions at work.

I will get on to your link over the weekend. From what I have seen the ConDem lot are much the same as the previous lot, perhaps even worse - sadly.

Gold? I wish ;-)

Anonymous said...

BTW

The Gulf Stream is slowing by approaching 50% this year.

It looks like a cold winter coming, - and ConDems talk about cutting winter fuel allowances for oldies.

Given the religion of global warming lunacy in the UK, I wonder if they even know.

Let's watch and see..

Take care, Cherry.

CherryPie said...

Who knows what they know, they seem to be behaving rather oddly at the moment.

Thanks for the links etc I have read them and kept them safe. I don't take your words lightly, quite the opposite.

Anonymous said...

Cherry

It looks like one or more of my comments are missing. - the ones linking to gold, etc

CherryPie said...

That is the one I was referring to when I said thank you.

I left it behind scenes in a safe place for the very reasons you got into at the bottom of that comment. You had briefly referred to yourself in there as well...

Am I making any sense?

Anonymous said...

Yup, thanks. :-)

CherryPie said...

:-)

The safety issue in certain places is one area that I do know quite a lot about.

In this respect there is something I want to check if you know about but I can't do it here...

Sorry cryptic again...

Anonymous said...

Yes, Cryptic.

Perhaps I don't know...

Help?

CherryPie said...

The best way would be for you to contact me by email, but I can understand why you might be uncomfortable with that.

Failing that, find a post on my blog that has no comments on it and comment there (there is one recently) and I can partially explain there and then my comments won't be quite so cryptic.

What I have to say is important, it is about safety. Staying safe on-line.

I know I sound cryptic still, but I want you to be safe so I can spell it out here...

CherryPie said...

That should read - but I want you to be safe so I can't spell it out here...

Post a Comment