Monday, 16 June 2008

Take the Pledge...

...And help to set the Guinness World Record for Most Software Downloaded in 24 Hours.

Firefox is launching Firefox 3 tomorrow and hoping to win a world record. As I write this 1,384,949 people have already pledged to download the software tomorrow. Check out the world map to see where the pledges have come from. Sign the pledge to find out to be informed when firefox 3 becomes officially available for download.

Download Day - English

PS: Spread the word ;-)

14 comments:

luisa brehm said...

oi, dear Cherry, i love the new look ;-))))))))))))))))
well, you don't need but i'm talking about the blog ....

lots of love and kissessssssssssssssssssssssss to begin the week

CherryPie said...

So sweet you don't think I need :-)

I am glad you like the new look though, I think it is easier to read, so it is nice to have feed back xxx

Wishing you some magic dreams and sending you my love xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Very pretty new look here!

CherryPie said...

Awww! Thank You Welshcakes I am glad you like it :-)

Ginro said...

Being launched today? But people have had FF3 yesterday as well, unless they were using the beta. I tend not to use FF much as visually it's inferior to IE7 in that text looks 'bitty' for some reason. I'll give version 3 a go and see if they've improved that any.

Nunyaa said...

I don't mind downloading stuff but I have this spyware thingy that shuts down my pc if I try to download any programs. Think it needs to go as its more a pain in the ass than anything. Will have a look Cherie but can not promise, agree, new look is fabulous :-)

CherryPie said...

Ginro - I think they added it yesterday for people who wanted a sneak preview. The official launch was about half an hour ago here. I prefer firefox to IE because I find it easier to use.

Nunyaa - I am glad you like my new look :-) Your spy programme sounds rather irritating, I am glad mine doesn't do that!

CherryPie said...

UPDATE:
I have managed to install it on my desk top machine. The servers are a little hit and miss at the moment and the link they sent me was for firefox 2. If anyone wants to take part this is the link to version 3.

sally in norfolk said...

love your new look :-) and firefox 3 all downloaded and installed :-)

CherryPie said...

Sally - Thank You :-) I am glad you like it. I hope you are enjoying the new firefox too.

jmb said...

I pledged and downloaded it but half my Firefox plugins don't work now and I did not write down the ones which did not as I got the one screen warning. Thank heaven Google toolbar did. I don't think I like the new way they give you the information when you type a few letters in the browser bar. All these other useless suggestions. But I am not going back to IE, that's for sure.

CherryPie said...

jmb - It does look a bit strange now but I have noticed that the pages you use the most move up to the top of the list over time... I don't like IE either, but I have pointed towards flock as an alternative to both!

Ginro said...

In the past (two and three years ago) I used to use FF all the time. I've just viewed your site with IE, FF, and Flock. I have to say the the one with the clearest text is again IE7. For someone with eyesight like mine that makes a huge difference. I know I can alter the font size etc in the options but really I want to see the page as the author intended it to be seen. And if I choose huge fonts then it means I can't see the whole page.

CherryPie said...

Ginro - I can see what you mean about the text being a lot clearer in IE7 :-) I hadn't noticed until you pointed it out.

Post a Comment